First Evangelical Free Church logo

About Us

Our History

Fall 1941

Pastor Paul Seashore of Brooklyn Ev. Free Church in Beresford leads Bible studies with a group of Sioux Falls believers.

Spring 1942

Sunday Bible School begins and the Iowa-SD District of the EFCA purchases land, helps with the first building phase, and helps financially support the first pastor.

May 1942

Orla Blair became the first pastor, the building was complete and the church was known as Westside Evangelical Free Church.

1983

The congregation decided to sell the building in hopes of relocating to better facilities and location. With this move, they changed their name to First Evangelical Free Church.

Next 10 Years

Was spent in various places, like the Zion Jewish Temple, O’Gorman Catholic High School, 7th Day Adventist Church, and the South Norton location across from Augustana College.

1989

Randy Anderson began his ministry as pastor.

December 1993

Moved into this section of our 69th street facility after purchasing the 15 acres of land on which it sits.

April 2004

Began worshipping in our expanded facilities.

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon